How do I prepare for school and learning?
You will have to prepare yourself for school each day. These are some of the things you might need to do or think about:
- Look at your timetable each night to see what books and equipment you may need.
- Make sure you have your pencil case with pens, pencils, ruler and rubber.
- Have you completed homework that needs to be handed in?
- Do you need your PE kit?
- Packed lunch?
- Bus Pass?
- Check your uniform
- Pack your bag the night before.
Where do I ask for help?
- Starting at a new school is an exciting adventure but it can also be quite scary. Remember that you are not alone and that your classmates may be feeling the same as you.
- Friends can help in lots of ways and you can learn about your new school together.
- Teachers will be happy to help you. Remember to ask if you don’t understand something, if you are lost or unsure of something.
- Your family will also want to help you and it is important that you tell the adults who look after you about any thoughts or concerns you may have.
- Remember, your new school will only feel strange and unfamiliar for a while. You will soon learn your way around and get to know your teachers and classmates.
- You can speak to your teacher, form tutor, Head of Year or go to Emmaus for support.