The Prayer Room is used regularly by staff and students as a place of calm and quiet which makes it an ideal space for not only prayer and meditation but also for reconciliation and personal reflection. It is hoped that it is seen as an inclusive and welcoming ‘Sacred Space’ for staff, students and families of all faiths and no particular faith.
The Prayer Room is kept open during school opening hours. Throughout the year a range of activities are offered relating to the liturgical calendar. Students make visits that link with their RE curriculum, form times and other aspects of school life. The outside areas and gardens are also used for creative prayer activities.
The Sacramental life of our community is supported by our local Priests. We celebrate Mass every Thursday morning at 8.20am. We also have regular opportunities for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. We welcome ecumenical visitors from our local Churches and Christian Schools workers form IMPACT Christian Schools Work Trust (https://www.impactbedford.org.uk/) as well as our own Northampton Youth Ministry Team (https://nymo.org/).
Youth Alpha, Youth SVP, 6th Form B-Attitude group, 6th Form See Judge Act, Care for Creation groups, Rosary Group, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, Weekly Mass, Drop in visits, Pastoral support, Bereavement support.
- Cana Prayer group – a virtual group praying for our community
- Coffee and Prayers every half term for parents/ grandparents and carers
- Form Prayer Time visits
- New Staff Induction
- Small group resilience and self-awareness work
- Exam time prayer
- Blessings for special events, e.g.. Car Team, School Productions, Visitors
- Ramadan drop in for daily prayer, support for Muslim students fasting
- Cross curriculum opportunities e.g.. RE class visits, Design technology projects, History
- Reconciliation meetings
- Pastoral support in times of distress, sadness and anger
- Family support meetings
- Staff support
- Rainbows Bereavement Support Groups
- Exploring the Catholic Faith groups for staff
Form time prayer activities Lent
Lenten Garden with Stations of the Cross
REMEMBRANCE Garden 2019