What is KS3 RE course about?
Students can explore:
- Their personal faith journey,
- The Bible,
- Christian teachings,
- Festivals and sacraments,
- Snother world religion.
Head of Department: Mrs Ronayne
Teaching Staff: Mrs Grimley, Mrs Ronayne, Mrs Lovesey and Miss Magil.
What does the course consist of?
- Faith Journey
- Love and Sacrifice
- Old Testament Literature
- The Radical Nature of the Gospel of Mark (Miracles)
- Forgiveness and Healing as lived within the Church
- The Prophetic Role of the Church
- The Church in Britain
- The Nature of Monasticism: Silent Presence
- The Radical Nature of the Gospel of Mark (Parables of the Kingdom)
- What does the Resurrection mean to Christians?
- Philosophy of Religion
- Faith in Action (CAFOD)
- The Bible and Jesus
- Jesus and Judaism
- Leading Powerful Lives
What might the subject lead on to?
This is excellent preparation for the skills and content required for GCSE Religious Education.