What is A Level History about?
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT: Mrs S Bunting
DEPARTMENTAL TEACHING STAFF: Miss C Soraghan
Mr A Turner
Pupils study the three main topics over the two years.
- England 1547-1603
- The later Tudors
- This unit focuses on the stability of the monarchy, religious changes and rebellion and unrest, with a particular focus on Elizabeth and her reign.
- Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany 1919-1963
This unit focuses on the establishment and development of the Weimar Republic, the Nazi dictatorship and its domestic policies, the impact of war and defeat on Germany and the Federal Republic and DDR .
- Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964
This unit focuses on the nature of government and the impact of dictatorial regimes on the economy and society, and the impact of war and revolution on the Russian Empire and the USSR, and the nationalities and satellite states of the Russian Empire.
- The Mid Tudor Crises 1547-1558
This unit focuses on the changing nature and frequency of rebellion and disorder in the mid-Tudor period, and the causes, consequences and nature of rebellion and unrest.
AS Exams take place at the end of year 12.
A Level exam take place at the end of year 13.
These are two separate qualifications.
What might the subject lead on to?
- Degree in History, Politics, Law, Medicine
- Work in Civil Service